- Style Points – Style Points give you the chance to do something awesome!
1 SP: Re-Roll any d20 roll (except a Nat “1”)
1 SP: SWITCH positions with an adjacent ally (no OA provoked)
1 SP: ADD 1D6 to any d20 roll (before learning of success/failure)
2 SP or 1 AP: make an Encounter or Daily Power RELABLE
2 SP: HEROIC DODGE to avoid a single hit against you
2 SP: GREAT TIMING to arrive just in time (must not be currently engaged, DM discretion)
3 SP: recover one Daily Power
3 SP: AUTO SUCCESS! on any d20 roll
- Critical Hits & Funbles – we use “Critical Hit Deck” and “Critical Fumble Deck” (Paizo Publishing)
Natural 20 = CRITICAL! Draw a Critical Hit Card. Do your MAX damage.
Opt 1: Use Effect from card (to be described by DM)
Opt 2: Keep the Card, do NOT use the effect. (Max 1 Card per Player)
Spend Card later to avoid a Crit or Fumble.
Natural 1 = FUMBLE! Auto Fail. Draw a Fumble Card.
- Fortune Favors the Bold (Paragon-tier Open-ended d20 roll rule, stolen from Internets)
If you roll a 10 or 20 on a d20 roll, you MAY roll again, adding new roll to your previous number(s). Roll a “1” and entire string is a bust, a MISS, AND a Fumble.
High-powered Monsters ALSO benefit from this rule (Elites, Solos, & Leaders)
EFFECT on Combat of Open-ending Rolling:
Beat Defense by 10+ target takes target takes target takes extar damage = to it’s BLOODIED value
Beat Defense by 40+ as ^ & DAZED
Beat Defense by 50+ as ^ & HELPLESS
- Fortune Cards (WotC) – haven’t decided yet if they fit our style
- Home-made Achievement Cards – an idea we stole from the Internets. Similar to Fortune Cards, but more storytelly-ish. Earn you Style Points (sometimes Action Points, too!)
At beginning of each gaming session, draw 4, keep 2. Can keep from previous Session, but count against the number you draw.